Pages

Waiting for Beaver Creek.


The season opener in Sölden was a mixture of positives and a big negative. I felt very confident racing with Nordica and I was extremely excited to start the race season. We hadn't had a chance to really test the equipment on icy conditions during the whole pre-season, but during the first icy gates on the top flat I quickly got the feeling the setup I had chosen was just right. I didn't do anything extraordinary during my run and I was in the fight for a good position until the last flat where I made a dumb mistake which lead to me lying in the safety nets. It was a combination of a lack of 100% concentration at that point, a technical fault and maybe a touch of bad luck. The wait for the next WC in Beaver Creek feels long after such a result.


So finally this Sunday it's time for racing again! Beaver Creek has given me a lot of different results throughout my career. All from a 5th place to a +20 result. I have always liked the profile of the slope and the type of course setting there normally is on the Birds of Prey. Speedy and long, open setting and that smooth US snow. I also feel that I have improved my skiing on flats these last years. So tune in on Sunday, it will for sure be a great race again! There's a lot of guys skiing well at the moment!




If you want updates more often remember to follow me @maresandell on Instagram!

See ya,
Mare